Get In Touch


233 Brisbane Street
PO Box 854
Ipswich Qld 4305

    3 Licence applications you might be able to make

    In certain circumstances you can apply in a Magistrates Court for a work licence or special circumstance licence to prevent extreme financial or other severe hardship to you or your family.

    There are two types of work driver license applications.  There is a further application that can be made in circumstances of non-financial hardship.

    Firstly, if you have been charged with drink driving or driving with the presence of a drug in your system.  This type of application is usually referred to as a Restricted Licence (s.87) application.

    Secondly where you are about to lose your licence because you have accumulated too many points or you have been in trouble for high speed driving (over 40km/hr above the speed limit).  This is referred to as a SHO or special hardship order.

    Thirdly where a loss of your license would cause you or your family severe and unusual hardship.

    There is a strict eligibility test.  Each application is different, and getting the timing right is important.  You should call us to get advice about your circumstances to see whether you are eligible, and for assistance in bringing the application:

    07 3281 2677

    Related Articles

    Couple driving van

    3 Licence applications you might be able to make

    getting the timing right is important

    gavel and book queensland court case

    Corona Virus and Family Law – Statement from the Courts

    The Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court…

    young girl thinking wiht light behind her

    What is a dependency claim and how does it work?

    The law for sometime has allowed a person who has…